growing old disgracefully is an older women’s network where members create most of their own events and activities.
- Talking, laughing and singing
- Reading, writing and learning
- Walking, dancing and yoga
- Discussions and debates
- Crafts of every description
- Visits to interesting places
- Sailing, ballooning and going on adventures!
We also organise workshops on subjects both serious and light-hearted. For example
- Creative writing
- Wobbly voices
- Older women’s lives
- Disgraceful to the end
- Body language
- When I say “No” I feel guilty
- A dead good funeral
- Assertiveness versus aggression
- Art for fun
- Writing one’s life story
- Making time for yourself
- The games we play
- So just what is ‘disgraceful’?
There is never any obligation to join in anything, but it is always worth a try. You can suggest or organise your own activities as well!
We also produce a newsletter ” Network News” 4 times a year which is always eagerly anticipated! As a member, you’ll receive a digital or a printed copy, so if you’re not online much, you can still be included. Our more distant members are also able to feel connected through the newsletter.
The newsletter includes:
- Reports from the various groups
- Information which is of interest and use to older women
- Articles from members
- Details of forthcoming events
- Book reviews, poems and humour
- Pictures, cartoons and photographs
As a member, you can contribute to the newsletter in any way you like, and get your opinion heard!
If this sounds like the kind of thing you’d enjoy, visit our local groups page to find out if theres a group near you.
Or if you’re already sold, email [email protected] for a prospective member pack!